Carpal tunnel syndrome is one of the most common workplace injuries, and is characterized by weakness, tingling, numbness and pain in your hand. It occurs when the median nerve is squeezed or compressed and tends to get worse over time if not treated, and can eventually cause permanent damage.
In the past, it was thought that the only treatment for carpal tunnel was with surgery, and while some medical doctors still recommend this, research has shown that over half of the surgeries for this are unsuccessful and in the end don’t relieve the symptoms at all.
Fortunately, there is another treatment available that doesn’t involve the risks that surgery entails. What Researchers are finding out is that the pain and symptoms related to carpal tunnel are actually related to problems with misalignments of bones, ligaments and muscles in the neck, making it easily treatable with Chiropractic care. In fact, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and The University of Maryland Medical Center list Chiropractic as a viable and recommended treatment.
How Can Chiropractic Treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
First, a visit to your Chiropractor will involve a through physical exam and consultation, often with X-Rays designed to find the root cause of your symptoms. Depending on the severity of your symptoms and how much long term damage has been done, your Chiropractor will devise a treatment plan that will involve a comprehensive approach. Some possible treatments will involve:
* Wrist Supports which will help to keep the wrist in proper alignment
* Rest and cold packs to reduce inflammation
* Ultrasound Therapy which involves sound waves that penetrate deep and help to alleviate the pain, relax the muscles and reduce inflammation
* Massage Therapy designed to relax the muscles and relieve tension
* Exercises to strengthen the muscles and relieve pain
* Chiropractic manipulation designed to realign the spine and bring your body back to optimal functioning
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or have been diagnosed by your medical doctor and would like to try and avoid surgery, Johnson Chiropractic can help! Dr.Johnson has almost 20 years experience treating Carpal Tunnel and other spine related injuries and accepts most insurance plans.
To schedule an appointment for a FREE Consultation call us at: (410) 744-1233 or visit us at www.MyPainReliefCenter.com for more information on our practice and services.
If you have been in an auto accident and are in pain, your first thought is probably going to be to seek treatment from a medical Doctor, but in actuality, visiting a Chiropractor is often the best course of action. A chiropractor is specially trained to treat injuries related to auto accidents and can get you on the road to recovery without drugs or surgery. Read on to see a list of the 5 Reasons To See A Chiropractor After an Auto Accident.
Top 5 Reasons To See A Chiropractor After an Auto Accident
1). Injuries Can’t Always Be Seen Right Away: As with most injuries, the quicker you seek treatment, the quicker it can be healed. Unfortunately, with injuries from a car accident the symptoms may not be apparent right away and can take days or weeks to appear.
Making an appointment with your Chiropractor soon after the accident, is key to detecting underlying injuries that are laying dormant. Through x-rays, orthopedic and neurological testing an accurate diagnosis can be made and a personalized treatment plan will be implemented.
2). Prevent Long Term Injury: Whiplash is one of the most common injuries after an accident, and if left untreated, it can leave your body in a weakened state and even a minor injury can lead to long term damage and pain.
3) Treat The Cause, Not The Symptoms: When you visit your Medical doctor after an auto accident, the treatment is usually medication to treat the pain, and while this will make you feel better temporarily, it does not address the cause of the injury and in effect, just masks the pain.
Chiropractors, on the other hand can treat the cause without pain medication and will often use complimentary natural modalities to manage the pain, such as exercise, heat/ice, massage and physical therapy.
4). Safe And Non Invasive Treatment: Chiropractic treatments are safe and non invasive and almost always eliminate the need for surgery and injections, both of which come with their own set of risks and should only be done as a last resort.
5) Help With Insurance Claims: Having a car accident results in having to deal with many unpleasant tasks, and submitting a claim for injuries often falls into this category. When filing a claim, the quicker you get a diagnosis and begin treatment, the easier it is to prove your injuries are related to the accident.
If you have been in an auto accident recently, Johnson Chiropractic is here to help! Dr. Johnson and his staff are trained in all aspects of personal injury and can help walk you through the process and get you the treatment you need to get on the road to recovery as quickly . Call today for a FREE Consultation at: (410) 744-1233 or visit us at www.MyPainReliefCenter.com for more information.